It’s not too late for a New Year Resolution
Give God a try.
Try to find the Answers to the following questions:
- Is God Real?
- Is He interested in me?
- Does God answer prayer?
- Does God care about the World?
- What does God want from me?
- What does God have for me?
The cynic would probably give a negative answer to these questions, but try giving these issues some serious thought.
Here are a few ideas to get you started on your quest.
- Set aside some time each day to find out more. Start to read the Bible, start with a short book, like the Gospel of Mark, or go online at http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/readingplans/ or http://www.wordlive.org/Session/Classic?gclid=CKyRyb_v3q0CFcx_fAodolKIuA to find a bible reading guide.
- Start to pray, just asking God to reveal Himself
- Later, give church a try, maybe once a month for a few months.
- Look online if you can, for example: http://www.rejesus.co.uk/ ; http://www.christianity.org.uk/ ; http://www.messageofjesus.co.uk/
- Speak to someone you know who is a Christian, to find out more.
- If you end up with more questions than you started with, find out where there is an Alpha Course near you by going to www.alpha.org
Seeking God is an act of will and takes determination, but prepare to be surprised, God has promised to meet those who seek Him (Luke 11:9,10).